This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cannot get Zorin64 Ultimate to work. Help please!

justinmcg67

Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59:37 am

About a week or so ago I did the donation to get the Zorin OS 64 Ultimate. I was able, after troubleshooting, to finally get the *.iso to download. However, all the media (DVDs) I own I have burned through trying to get it to work. I always get the same error, "Can not load kernel image" whenever I try to install the OS. I also tried to side-step this issue and use a UNeetBootin and LiveUSB installs from a flash drive, this also produced the same error. I tried to run an MD5 check but I was unable to tell if it came back erroneous or not. So, I would rather do one of the following two things so I can enjoy this wonderful product.

The first thing I would like to know is if I can try to download a free Zorin and upgrade it with the registration number I received in my email. The reason I propose this is because I do not believe I can or at least have the option to redownload the OS.

The second option is if I can instead be sent the DVDs and negate the download attempt. The price for both the media and the download choices for Zorin 64 Ultimate were the same. This I believe would solve all of my issues as this avoids the corrupt DVD/erroneous burns etc.

Or if anything else can be thought of I would appreciate any and all suggestions. I just want to use the OS. If it means cutting my losses and using the free standard issue OS as opposed to the Ultimate, then that is fine with me.

justinmcg67

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17:13 am

What is the main difference between core and ultimate? I may just cut my losses and go w/ the Core version.

justinmcg67

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08:03 am

I downloaded and prepped Core onto a USB and all I have to do is install it. I'll send a PM/email to the member you mentioned, my hope is to get a physical disk of the OS since I cannot get the *.iso to work on any media. My hunch is that either my DVD drive on my laptop is c*** (which I highly suspect) or the media is all c*** (which I also highly suspect), Thank you again for the help over the past couple of weeks, I appreciate it.

Anonymous

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:40:54 am

If you don't own one of these. I would suggest this as an important must have !!!! Using this to clean the optical drive solves 80% of problems people seem to have burning/reading DVD's.