This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin Theme Issue - Looks like Ubuntu

FromUndaChz

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:12:38 pm

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a weird issue. I downloaded and installed Zorin for the first time last night, the 64-bit edition, just to give it a try.

I got my drivers installed for my GTX 670 without much trouble, and open source drivers worked fine for everything else. I also ran updates and I believe my Zorin 6 updated to 6.1 during the updates.

I tried playing around with different themes which came with Zorin using "Dock Preferences>Themes" and then I went back to the default Zorin theme because I thought it looked the best.

Now my "start menu" is an orange Ubunu logo, not the blue "Z" for Zorin. Also, on the "taskbar" where my clock, audio, and network icons are - the taskbar doesn't match the Zorin taskbar anymore, it looks like the icons and colors used in Ubuntu.

I used "Zorin Look Changer" and changed it to Gnome - but then it looks exactly like Ubuntu with black menu bars and my taskbar on top of the screen. I went to Windows XP and it changed to something resembling the look of XP but still had ill-matching Ubuntu elements mixed into the GUI. I went back to "Windows 7" style and it displays the same issues still.

Rebooting didn't help. Changing the theme to and from the default didn't work. I'm not sure how to download and install themes from the internet but I don't think it's going to help. Anyone know of this issue or have any ideas for a fix? I'm going to be switching distros this afternoon if I can't fix this, it's ugly as sin and it's annoying that I can't remedy the issue by changing the theme back - it's an ugly bug that I can't put up with for much longer.

FromUndaChz

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:29:19 pm

Awesome!

Thanks for your excellent post, that seems to have solved my issues! Looking much better now :)