This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Need some help installing a backup of Win 7

Camo_Camel

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02:29 pm

I've always wanted to see what the big deal about Linux was and what it can do. I made a backup of my Windows 7 files to an external hdd and installed Zorin. Zorin is fast and user friendly. I was delighted to see the Thunderbird messaging integration on the dashboard. Unfortunately I need Windows for work and I need to re install my backup. I'm having some trouble doing so. Any tips are appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Tom.

Anonymous

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:12:12 pm

Did you create the Backup for Win7 with Win7 Recovery/Restore option located in > Control Panel <. If you did, you'll need your installation DVD. Run the DVD like you would a new install. When you see the part on the screen >>>Repair Computer << ect. Go into that window click on restore from image/backup. You need to have your external drive plugged in before so. Look for your external drive indicator.> ? That's all there is to it !!!! :D

Camo_Camel

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:38:55 am

Thank you very much for your help! Unfortunately my Acer Aspire didn't come with an installation disk out of the box. I was baffled when I first opened it up! On a side note...I think I would like to keep on using Linux as my main OS. It's so foreign to me though and I need to get Internet Explorer running ASAP. As long as I can figure out how to run it via Virtual Box I think I'll be good.

One problem I'm running into though...

A lot of software has many different choices for which distro you are using. I never see Zorin under any of the lists. For example, Virtual Box, is it unsupported?

Anonymous

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:49:22 am

Zorin OS = Ubuntu 12.04

If your using IE for Microsoft related > ALt. > Firefox works just as good in most cases !!! :D
Skydrive
Live Mesh

Take a look here : http://netwrkspider.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... er-on.html : >>>>> How to use IE on Zorin OS/Ubuntu 12.04

Anonymous

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28:23 am

Official Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from Digital River : > > Replacement < <

Ref. Download Link : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4183

Note : Product Key is usually found on your computer. > Right Side >> Bottom > >> Back
Drivers > ACER > Support Main Page > http://www.acer.com