This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wireless Networking

ProxyCyber

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13:07 am

I've posted about this here before, but I could not get results that solved it. I have more details.

On my cousin's computer Windows 7, Wireless was working GREAT. I booted Zorin from the CD, same result. GREAT. So I entered my WiFi Password, it tried connecting, connected. I rebooted the system (I needed to shut it down.) I did not install Zorin, Windows is still default and only OS on the computer. I booted Zorin again after five minutes. From the live CD and tried connecting the WiFi. Entered the password "Connecting, Connecting. Disconnected. Wireless is disabled by hardware switch." So it's deinitely OS related. It also broke my WiFi keyboard button. The f5 light for WiFi was stuck only when I tried Linux on it.

Getting back to my issue, my "WiFi is disabled by hardware switch." It worked a while back when I had Windows 7 and Ubuntu but now after Zorin installed, it's just disabled. How can I fix this?

Solutions

I already did FN + F5 (WiFi enabled/disabled). I already went to BIOS, WiFi is enabled.

madvinegar

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42:11 am

First of all boot into windows and make sure that the wireless button is set to ON. (i.e that your wifi is working)

Then boot into Zorin, open terminal (ctrl+Alt+T) and execute the following command.
Code:
sudo rfkill unblock all

See if your wireless works now.