This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] update problem

tony_53

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18:55 am

Hi. I'm new here and new to Zorin, so plese don't shoot me if I post this in the wrong location. My problem is update manager keeps saying I have 1 update available size 86k.When I update, the message is still there. I tried various suggestions with regard to fixing broken packages, forcing updates etc. I can't resolve. Also the taskbar sometimes does not appear when I boot. Sometime I need to re-boot several time before it appears. Your help is much appreciated.

spavila

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26:08 pm

See this post:
http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2396

I have had the same problem too when performing a new install.

If you check Synaptic Package Manager, search for unity-greeter. Check to see if it is locked. Once I unlocked it, this will resolve the issue.

spavila

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:44:43 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi spavila, thanks for putting us both right! :D

60 blue jewels to you sir!

I have done enough new installs of Zorin that this problem seems very common to me now and I know what to do.

Also, I have learned a lot from the Zorin Forum. I can't believe it has been already a year since I have joined since using Zorin OS 5.2 and now using Zorin OS 6.2.

Thanks for the blue jewels!!

tony_53

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03:55 pm

Solved...Muchas gracias amigos. Thanks for your help.

tony_53

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00:26 am

So the phantom update is solved. Any info on why my awn refuses to start on strt up? Severl re-boots required to see the awn...very...very annoying..!!!

spavila

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:24:21 pm

tony_53 wrote:So the phantom update is solved. Any info on why my awn refuses to start on strt up? Severl re-boots required to see the awn...very...very annoying..!!!

What graphics card do you have in your computer? Have you checked for Additional Drivers?