This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin refuses to reboot

ninhalo5

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:32:16 pm

Hi, I'm currently running Zorin Ultimate (not sure which number) but it's based off of Ubuntu 12.04.1

A few weeks ago it stopped rebooting or shutting down. I would hit reboot/shutdown and it will close out everything as it should but then it'll go to a black screen with a bunch of mumbo jumbo written on it and will just sit there until I yank the power cord out. Since the desktop is shutdown I cannot get a screenshot of it and I can't find any thing that matches under any logs.

Anyone have an idea on what to try to locate this issue?

Thanks

madvinegar

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22:13 pm

Try these commands in terminal

sudo shutdown -h now

sudo reboot

ninhalo5

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:58:03 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I have Burg on load instead of Grub so I don't have that menu or at least as far as I can tell. I'll hit Google up and see if I can figure out how to bypass it or get grub back up.

ninhalo5

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:47:26 pm

Well, I was able to get into aptitude and managed to clear up a few things, so far so good. After I ran aptitude I logged into the desktop and rebooted and it didn't hang this time. I guess there was a package of some sort hurting the system.