This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Wireless Problems

mayhem91

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18:36 pm

Hi all,

new to the forums so forgive me if i post in the wrong section, Basically ive been having problems with windows 7 and my product key and i dont want to fork out more money to get a replacement key so ive been looking into linux (i was looking a while back aswel but stuck with windows)

anyway im using a hp mini 110 and booted off a USB (not done a full install yet as im still deciding what to install) I cant get a wireless connection ive read through various posts about the additional drivers and downloaded them and restarted my computer as stated but no change then a pop up comes up saying something about activated the drivers i click on that and it wants me to download them again still cant get a connection.

Any suggestions?

Have i got to do a full install in order to install the drivers properly? or should they run when booting off USB?

Thanks, and sorry for the bad grammar

madvinegar

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:21:51 am

Hi.
First of all we need to know what is your wireless card and what is the driver you need.
When booting to zorin using the live usb, open terminal (ctrl+Alt+T) and post back here the results of the following commands

lspci -nn
lsusb
sudo lshw -c network
sudo rfkill list all

Wolfman

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:58:42 am

Hi,

if you are using only the "Live Mode", and you reboot, the drivers are no longer available, do what MV suggests without downloading the drivers!. Is it switched on?.

Regards Wolfman :)

mayhem91

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25:38 am

forgive me if ive done this wrong but i was not sure if you wanted me to post the results after each command or just the last one... heres what i got after the last command

Wireless Lan:
Soft block: NO
Hard block NO

HP wifi:
Soft block NO
Hard block NO

mayhem91

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:20:54 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!..... thanks for the suggestions but i spent the last hour trying everything i could find and managed to get it work

Speak soon as no doubt ill have other problems since im new to the linux experience

madvinegar

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:57:46 pm

Yes, I wanted the results of all the commands. Anyway, since you solved it, if you like just tell us what you did. thanx.