This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't launch...launcher

Saduhem

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:31:47 am

Hello everyone,

I have just recently switched from windows to Zorin 6 ultmate edition, so I admit that my knowledge is extremely shallow. As I was trying to install the protozoa cursor theme through the ubuntu tweaker (While using the unity desktop environment), I noticed 2 things:

1 - The cursor has all the animations except for the neutral state (Regular arrow)

2 - I cannot launch the launcher from the dock anymore!

Problem n.2 is more important to me but, since i really like the protozoa cursor, I would not mind if someone could help me with n.1 also.

Thank You in advance

Saduhem

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:02:24 am

Thank You Swarfendor!

I will try your solution as soon as i get back home and post a screenshot of the mouse, I actually tried to install a couple more with the same result.

Saduhem

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:45:48 am

I attached a screenshot of the pointer that i am using at the moment (trying to) during one of the animations in which it works. For the majority of the time though, the pointer is just the basic white one. I am having the same issue with every cursor i Install.

The launcher started working the moment I switched back to the Gnome Environment and back to Unity.

Thank You for your time and sorry that the weather is complicating your life!