This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[Solved) Changing the Theme

blfriis

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:18:17 pm

Hi everybody I'm trying to change the colors in the ZorinOs them, I would like to replace the grey with a little green.I ran the command
Code:
sudo gedit /usr/share/themes/ZorinOS/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

But If I replace one color code with another code the system freezes.Is it possible to change it somehow.

blfriis

Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:54:13 am

The AWN is no problem.Mayby this theme would do http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/zonColor+Themes+Pack?content=156189 but thats a tar.gz and I'm having trouble installing tar.gz files..

Wolfman

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45:08 am

Hi,

did you install "gnome-shell"?????. That may be the reason it is blanking on you if you didn't install that particular package!!. (I cannot say that this will solve your problem but it's worth a try!)

Regards Wolfman :)

blfriis

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:10:26 am

Hi wolffman and swarfendor437 and thank you both for helping.I have installed gnome color chooser and playing around it seems to work pretty good, I'm not quite finish yet but so far so good.

The only thing I'm struggling with are the buttons Maxi,mini and close but maybe i get it to work later.. :D

Anonymous

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:32:35 am

blfriis > Job well done with your Theme ....very creative !!!!

blfriis

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55:33 pm

Hi you can find the digital clock in screenlets. :)