This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Transferring to USB Problem

mayhem91

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:48:17 pm

Hi all,

When I first installed zorin i could transfer content over to my USB's fine, but then i was having a bit of trouble so i did a fresh re-install and all was fine until i went to transfer files onto a USB.

It starts to transfer up until the last say 1% then just hangs and doesn't complete ive tried leaving it for over a hour and tried multiple USB's and reformatted then and still no luck.

Anyone had this problem before or know of a solution?

Thanks.

mayhem91

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00:06 am

1. How were the USB's formatted -By going onto Computer then right clicking on the USB and selecting format

2. Have you tried them with other machines/OS's (Operating Systems) - Yes they all work fine on my desktop

3. Did you right-click and select 'safely remove' and wait for the activity light to stop before removing - yes i always do this as ive had bad experiences when i didnt do it in the past

4. How old are the USB's? - remember, a USB stick will have a similar lifetime as a hard disk - or in other words, they don't live forever! - Not older than a year

5. Is the USB spade connector intact? yes

mayhem91

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39:32 am

yes they were formatted to FAT32

im using Zorin OS 6.2 Core

2 of them are 8GB and the others are a 1GB and a 2GB