This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help! Im new to Linux Distros :P

coolguyoncliff

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34:44 pm

Hi guys and gals,
As you can tell by the title of my post i'm new to Linux distros other than Ubuntu and Mint. I recently installed Mint 14 on my PC but i once realized that it was extremely buggy and slow on my system and just not good. After that failure i decided to install Zorin os but im having a few small poblems that i need help with :P

1) For some reason every once in a while while im using the PC normally, the windows that i am using suddenly decide to shut down and the wokspaces go crazy. Also the pc decides to create 20-30 folders while this is happening. This is the only thing that i really dont like about Zorin os. So is there a program to test this to see if it is a hardware or software issue?
2) Also My parents which are the primary users of the PC are a bit annoyed at the process of transfering pictures from the camera to the PC, is there any program out there that functions like the Windows 7 default picture manager where it will detect new pictures and transfer only those with a few clicks.

Thanks for the help guys :)

coolguyoncliff

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09:23 pm

1)Thanks for the reply, im currently using the Core 32 bit, in my case i am not dualbooting i did a clean instal of Zorin . Its not that the screen is going of its more that the os just starts going haywire and whetever i was working on closes(and files create themselves aswell). I tried to record the screen in order to capture what was going on but when it started happening the screen recorder closed :P.
2)Thanks that helped allot. :)

coolguyoncliff

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:40:18 pm

I decided to just reinstall Zorin os, at the same time i formatted the entire hard drive. About 30 minutes after the install the glitches started again. But this time i noticed that if i stop moving the mouse at the moment that it begins the glitch just stops. At this point im thinking its just a simple hardware-hardware problem. Ill see if i can get my hands on a new mouse this afternoon, thanks for the help though.

Wolfman

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22:17 am

Hi,

please see this guide about updating and repairing files:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :)