This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

help and suggestions

zorin0s

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37:30 pm

Hey guys, linux noob here. Loving zorin, awesome distro. just 2 things that seem to be bugging me. First issue is I can't get sound through my usb gigabyte speakers. I have read a few topics about people having troubles with this but there doesn't seem to be a straight forward solution for noobs.

2nd issue I am having is in the mouse options. It has every other option apart from mouse scroll speed. it's really annoying that I can't adjust this. I have searched for answers on this aswell but no one seems to know how.

zorin0s

Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:24:34 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi zorin0s and welcome to Zorin!

First, the speaker issue:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/50453/ho ... rom-laptop

2nd - I think this came up elsewhere and has not been addressed by the Gnome project responsible for Gnome3!

You could try installing dconf-tools which will place 'dconf editor' in your System Tools sub menu but I have been unable to fathom this one - hopefully it will get rectified by the Gnome project which is NOT Zorin's responsibility - they just inherit the DE!

thanks for the reply. i read that article about the speakers. for some reason usb speakers is not listed in sound options. i will muck with it to find out why