This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Thunderbird date format

david7307

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:55:38 am

I would like to change the date format in thunderbird from the American way to the English format
every thing else in Zorn picks up my settings just not Thunderbird
any help please

Wolfman

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22:57 am

Hi,

take a look here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format

Regards Wolfman :)

david7307

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:22:39 pm

Thanks wolfman
But i will give that a miss
but why does thunderbird in zorn not use default date format, it does in windows?

Wolfman

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:29:02 am

david7307 wrote:Thanks wolfman
But i will give that a miss
but why does thunderbird in zorn not use default date format, it does in windows?

Hi,

I am not sure but I believe it has to do with Ubuntu choosing the American date format; and as Zorin is based on Ubuntu, that is most likely the cause!!!????.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!. :(

Regards Wolfman :)

david7307

Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:03:12 pm

thanks for replies will try that one this evening when i get home, if i don't fall asleep in my chair first

madvinegar

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32:49 am

Open thunderbird and go to edit>preferences>advanced>config editor.
At the search bar of config editor find "intl.locale.matchOS". Double click it and change the value from true to false.
Then at the search bar find "general.useragent.locale". Right click it, select "modify" and change the value from "en-US, en" to "en-GB, en".

Close thunderbird, re-open it and you are good to go.

david7307

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:57:16 pm

madvinegar wrote:Open thunderbird and go to edit>preferences>advanced>config editor.
At the search bar of config editor find "intl.locale.matchOS". Double click it and change the value from true to false.
Then at the search bar find "general.useragent.locale". Right click it, select "modify" and change the value from "en-US, en" to "en-GB, en".

Close thunderbird, re-open it and you are good to go.

I tried this first off and it did not work on my puter, and have double checked to make sure every thing is as you said,

madvinegar

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:25:54 pm

Sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I changed my thunderbird date fromat from English US to Greek.
Ofcourse I changed en-US, en to el-GR, el

david7307

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01:03 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi david7307, have you tried my solution yet? I got as far as translating to .deb but I prefer Evolution so have not installed Thunderbird.

Yes i have tried your way and all went well ,BUT i cant find thunderbird on computer ZORN MENU,INTERNET nothing there ,so have to find it
when i go to terminal and type thunderbird tells me its not installed when i go to ubuntu software center it says it is , so just have to find the thunderbird and put it in the nest :)