This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

zorin on netbook

dingdong

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41:59 am

Hi,
does the new Zorin 6.2 run on the Asus Eee PC R11CX and similar boards ?

Processor: Intel Atom Processor N2600 1,6 GHz 1 MB L2-Cache
Chipset: Intel NM10
Grafik: Intel GMA 3600

madvinegar

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49:37 am

It's very easy to test that.
Download the free core version of Zorin 6.2 and make a bootable USB or DVD. Load it and see if everything works ok.

lux.aeternus

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:09:40 pm

I didn't have any luck with the Intel Cedar Trail drivers on Zorin 6.2 Lite and I've got three netbooks with the n2600. :( Every forum where I've looked and found someone's success story has always used the original base install, e.g., 12.04, 12.04-1, kernel 3.2, etc. I'm downloading Zorin 6.1 Educational Lite to test it out and will post success/fail.

Wolfman

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:16:56 am

Hi,

just to make you aware that you are downloading an OS that requires a donation and you don't even know if it will work!!.

You should do as MV suggested and download the free version first to make sure!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45:55 am

I hope this sheds some light as to what will work on a Netbook !!!!
My ACER ASPIRE ONE D257-1417 > Intel Atom CPU !!
Zorin OS 6.2 Ultimate 32-bit

From what I've dealt with on different Netbooks.
Zorin OS Core 32-bit could be used on the majority without any major problems !!

Note : I upgraded the RAM to 2 GB.
And I disabled whatever in Compiz > Optional in relation to having a 10 inch screen !!!!

Linx

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44:46 am

I run Zorin on a intel atom, I think it is a Acer One something another. I don't use it often, it was a back up computer in case another machine dies on me.

But I can say I have installed Zorin an much weaker machines, in fact about a week ago I installed Zorin OS 7 Core 32 bit onto a P4 box.
SPECS: http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/Pr ... 509443.pdf
And the core worked fantastic, I thought I was wasting my time and needed to put the lite version on there but nope, core worked like a charm.

The weakest thing I have every ran linux on is a Pentium 2 processor (it is still running at the house) sadly I don't remember any other specs)