This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Recording Software

pp4mnklinux

Wed May 01, 2013 7:55:55 am

Hello everybody:

I came from windows and I used with this S.O. Nero as my deffault recording program.
It needs 2 minutes on my PC to record a CD and 5 mins (or so on) to record a DVD

Now in Linux, I'm using BRASERO or K3B and the recording time is much much bit more

What software do you recommend me to mantein my windows recording times ??

It's important for me because I record a lot of DVDs

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Wolfman

Wed May 01, 2013 10:14:46 am

Hi,

the speeds should be the same on both Windoze and Linux, open Synaptic and first type "brasero" and right click the main package, there are two lists at the bottom where one says "Mark Recommended" and "Mark Suggested" for installation, look at both lists and see what you are missing, you may need to add the "Medibuntu Repo" for some of the packages!!. Do the same for "K3B".

http://www.medibuntu.org/repository.php

Once the Medibuntu repo has been added, you can install the "non-free-codecs" packages and libdvdcss2. (You must refresh your software sources list otherwise it won't show up in the available software listing!!)

Let us know if this helps!!.

Regards Wolfman :)

pp4mnklinux

Wed May 01, 2013 4:17:08 pm

Hi:

I cant fully try your recommendations, but I tryed the synaptic package to see what brasero has got.

There's NO recommended package to install

Only they suggest to instal vcdimager (which I don't need at all)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I try to see your recommendations with more time (time I haven't got now)

Wolfman

Fri May 03, 2013 6:22:37 am

Hi,

I have a question for you, when you say "Recording"; you do mean "Burning" don't you and not "Copying" ??. By that I mean that you aren't just copying files to a disk!!.

Regards Wolfman :)

pp4mnklinux

Thu May 09, 2013 3:52:13 pm

Hi Wolfman:

I cant see the difference between copying and Burning, but I refer to the action of record into a CD / DVD some of the files you have got in your Computer.

That is: I've got some files (films, music, docs...) into a carpet and I want to record them into a Disk for share them, see them using a DVD player, share them with my friends......

THANKS, but I promise you than when I used W7 / Nero I spend 3 mins recording a CD and with Brasero I spend 3 minutes first and 3 minutes later (like if it supervise the result of the burning process)
+

Thanks

Wolfman

Fri May 10, 2013 6:29:06 am

Hi,

I agree with Swarf about using K3B but I have a question about your PC, is it a 64 Bit PC and do you have a 32 Bit version of Zorin OS installed as that would account for the slow burning speed!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

pp4mnklinux

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00:26 pm

Hello:

I followed your sugests and installed K3B and it worked better, but now i'm gonna tell you my new problem:

For my daughter I unistalled K3b to teach her to install/unistall in Linux but there appears the problem. I unistalled K3B and then I went to the soft center to install it again. I did it but I don't know what happened but after install k3b when I execute it is 'Brasero' the program which appears.

I can understand. I've got k3b working. I unistall it and when I install it again when I proceed to execute it is Brasero the working programm. Damm IT!!!

Thanks in advance

Wolfman

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:55:57 am

Hi,

you can also simply install K3B with the following terminal command if not already installed:

Code:
sudo apt-get install k3b

Regards Wolfman :D

pp4mnklinux

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:21:05 am

Thanks, I'll try and let u know the result. Have a nice day