This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Desktop

pp4mnklinux

Wed May 01, 2013 5:55:37 pm

Hello everybody:

As you obviously know you can use /change your desktops when using zorin.

I find it really useful for my work, but I wanna find a program / icon that working in the task bar indicates me in which icon I stay at this moment, and permit me change to the desired one without see the rest.

Does this icon exist???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

HAVE A NICE DAY

Wolfman

Wed May 01, 2013 7:30:14 pm

Hi,

see this guide and the parts about adding applets to the panel, add "sudo apt-get install awn-applets-all" per the guide and look at the 3rd photo down, it explains what to do there:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

I use "SlickSwitcher" myself!!.

If you want to add an open app to the panel, simply click on its icon in the panel once it is open and then on "Pin Application".

Regards Wolfman :)

Wolfman

Thu May 02, 2013 5:41:02 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Wolfman, I think, if I am following his logic correctly, he would like an icon for each 'theme' so he knows which one he is in - or rather instead of having to launch Zorin theme changer (Gnome, Mac, Unity, Zorin, Win7) he wants to do it at will by clicking on an icon instead of via the menu - so an Icon for 7, Gnome, etc, just like the apps in DocBarX!

Of course, I could be wrong! :D

Hi Swarf,

if you are right, then I don't think it is possbile, he can of course do what I said about using a desktop switcher!!.

pp4mnklinux

Fri May 03, 2013 4:49:33 am

Thank you every body for your help

Wolfman

Fri May 03, 2013 5:47:31 am

Hi,

I hope that it was what you were looking for!!.

Will mark as solved!.