This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problems installing Zorin OS 6.2 Core 32

Thunder1504

Thu May 09, 2013 11:27:30 am

Hi all, I have recently moved over from Windows(Never again) to Zorin, and had the most awesome experience installing on 3 desktop machines, and 2 laptops. I am currently trying to install Zorin on an older laptop, HP Compaq nx 9030, and nothing happens!!!

I have tried installing from my bootable USB flashdrive, as well as bootable DVD. Nothing happens. The laptop boots up, get to the Zorin install screen, then everything just hangs...... I have tried booting the LIVE System, safe graphics, direct install, same problem everytime. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some explanation for this......?? Please help, I am very new to Linux, but know quite a bit about computers and software... any help will be appereciated

Thunder1504

Thu May 09, 2013 12:45:12 pm

Thanks swarfendor437,

I am busy downloading the lite version and will give it a go. Zorin OS is by far the best OS i have ever used. I have been on Windows platforms from Win 95 right through Win8, and Zorin OS beats all of them by far. Ease of use, fast, stable on all my machines. I have never had that same experience on any one of the Win platforms. I have desktops and laptops that range from crappy to pretty damm decent, and all of them works without a hitch. Screen drivers, sound, network, all of which I had a problem on with Windows.

Wolfman

Thu May 09, 2013 2:43:41 pm

Hi,

please take a look at this thread as it may be helpful if you are going to use an LXDE DE:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1732

(In this case Zorin Lite)

Regards Wolfman :D