This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS Core 6.3 not working with Virtualbox Guest Addition

GoodGuy98

Tue May 14, 2013 8:14:03 pm

I am running WinXP Pro SP3 32-bit as the host and Zorin OS Core 6.3 32-bit as the guest in Virtualbox 4.2.12.

After I installed Zorin OS Core 6.3, I ran the following command as usual:

sudo apt-get install dkms build-essential linux-headers-generic

When that finished, I installed the Guest Additions and did not see any error messages.
I rebooted and it produces an error saying do I want to run in low graphics. I tried all the
answers and none let me past it.

I have used that sequence to install Guest Additions in the past and never had this issue.

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank You

Wolfman

Wed May 15, 2013 9:44:57 am

Hi,

I have never used it and I have a question, do you have an Nvidia graphics card as that may be the problem!!?????.

Could you not opt for a Wubi install??. (Does Zorin OS offer that??)

You could copy the repo's for Zorin OS and then install Ubuntu via Wubi then add the Zorin Repo's once Ubuntu is installed.

Open Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Other Software and copy the details of the URL's for the 2 available Zorin repo's!!.

Sorry that I cannot be of further help, maybe someone else on the forum can help you!!.

Regards Wolfman :D
Workspace 1_010.jpeg

GoodGuy98

Wed May 15, 2013 1:03:02 pm

I have a Nvidia Card (8600GT), but it uses a special Virtualbox driver when running under Virtualbox with guest additions. It is an easy way to play with new distros and get a chance to see the installation
routine in action. I have installed Virtualbox guest additions under Ubuntu based guests several times and never experienced this issue.

Wubi does an actual install within Windows, but testing under Virtualbox makes it easier to play with. I believe Wubi was dropped for more current Ubuntu versions.

Thank you for the reply.

Wolfman

Wed May 15, 2013 2:29:53 pm

Hi,

the Nvidia cards (see link below) have a problem with Compiz when installed so the only thing that I can suggest is you try these two things.

1: Nvidia drivers PPA

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

2: Remove Compiz (Drastic I know!!)

Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Regards Wolfman :D