This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Combined Icons In Task Bar - How To UN-Group Them?

AlliedForces

Sat May 18, 2013 5:11:20 am

Hey guys...

I have three Firefox windows open and I don't like them grouped. I want to be able to see each one in the task
bar separately.

Most of the time when I hover the grouped browser windows, it only displays a Firefox logo in each one anyway
and NOT a preview of the actual website's that are loaded.

I went into the dock preference's under 'Task Manager' and UN-selected the 'Group Common Windows' checkbox,
though it did nothing.

How do I get the grouped windows to display separately?

Wolfman

Sat May 18, 2013 6:34:44 am

Hi AF,

I don't think what you want is possible, you can open in a new window and that would give you a complete seperate view of each website!!. I don't know of any other way sorry!.

Regards Wolfman :D

AlliedForces

Sat May 18, 2013 7:26:38 am

Hey Wolfman,

Then can you tell me what the dock preference's under 'Task Manager' / 'Group Common Windows' checkbox is for?

If this is suppose to be like Windows, why can't I do this? You can in Windows.

Wolfman

Sat May 18, 2013 7:47:14 am

Hi AF,

like I said, I don't really know, this may be to do with the various properties of the different desktops you/we are using, it may also be something to do with the browsers, normally when you hover over the Firefox browser symbol in the panel, it will show you what windows are open but since the latest version for Linux, this is not the case, the same goes for Google Chrome which I also checked!.

I can only assume that there is a bug somewhere!!.

Regards Wolfman :D