This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

dash for zorin

anees.test

Tue May 21, 2013 6:34:22 am

Hi,

Is there anyway to get dash in zorin. It is a nice feature of ubuntu. I am using zorin 6.2 core.

Regards,
Anees

Wolfman

Tue May 21, 2013 7:14:15 am

Hi,

"Dash" is a part of Unity and if you have the Ultimate version of Zorin 6, it should already be there, you can install it from the repo but I think all the Zorin features will vanish of you do!!.

So basically, install "Unity" and at the login window, select the desktop you want to boot into, click on the cogwheel to the right of where you enter your password and if you installed Unity, it should show in the list of available DE's.

I don't think that Zorin Look changer will list it!.

Regards Wolfman :D

anees.test

Tue May 21, 2013 7:38:49 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

"Dash" is a part of Unity and if you have the Ultimate version of Zorin 6, it should already be there, you can install it from the repo but I think all the Zorin features will vanish of you do!!.

So basically, install "Unity" and at the login window, select the desktop you want to boot into, click on the cogwheel to the right of where you enter your password and if you installed Unity, it should show in the list of available DE's.

I don't think that Zorin Look changer will list it!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Thanks for the reply. Let me try that

Regards, Anees

blfriis

Thu May 23, 2013 6:45:27 pm

Instead of the dash I use synapse, it works ok..