This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Small problem

3strike

Mon May 27, 2013 6:47:35 pm

Zorin is now operable and, I really like it. Thanks to all you guys. I have a UNETBOOTIN of Zorin 7 RC installed on an old Dell Dimension 2400 pure stock and it works great. However, there is a black line 3/8 of an inch thick approximately 1/2 inch from the bottom of the monitor which is not there initially. Once I put my password in it appears. It does not appear to cause any problems, it is just annoying.

I am not new to computers and have worked on them since forever. I still own a KAPRO, and that is old. My primary experience was gained on Windows machines and I am in the process of making the transition, it's very interesting. Any assistance will be much appreciated by this "old man".

Wolfman

Mon May 27, 2013 7:23:04 pm

Hi,

try updating per this guide and also let us know what graphics card you have please:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

If you have an Nvidia card:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

Regards Wolfman :D

3strike

Tue May 28, 2013 3:12:09 pm

Tried your suggestion to no avail. Computer description is:
Dell Dimension 2400
Memory 1001.0 MiB
Processor Intel Celeron CPU 2.40 GHz
Graphics Unknown
OS Type 32 bit
Disk 38.2 GB
Thanks for the try. That's why this is so interesting. And agrivating.

Wolfman

Tue May 28, 2013 3:42:50 pm

Hi,

open System Settings > System > Details > Overview and take a screenshot and post it here please, it should look something like mine. So we can get an idea of what graphics card you have!!.

Regards Wolfman :D
Details_014.jpg