This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Microsoft Excel Files Not Opening

sachink

Fri May 31, 2013 11:07:16 am

Dear Zorin Team,

I am using Zorin OS 6.2. I installed microsoft office 2007 successfully on it, but unable to view my saved files when I am trying to open it from microsoft excel.

with libre office able to view. but microsoft excel showing configuring necessary file setting frequently process to open the file and at last it shows it may be not supported or currupted.

Wolfman

Fri May 31, 2013 11:45:44 am

Hi,

open Synaptic and check that you have the full version of Libreoffice (or OpenOffice) installed, if not, install the full package and then open an Excel file using LO or OO and make a copy then save as an MS Excel doc or whatever its called, then try opening said doc with MS Office.

Regards Wolfman :D

sachink

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:51:32 am

Hi Wolfman,

Can you explain exact about LO or OO?

LO = LibreOffice that comes with Zorin - most of its Devs left OO for LO at The Document Foundation after Oracle took over Sun Microsystemss - LO is far superior ot OO (IMHO) ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49:54 pm

sachink wrote:Hi Wolfman,

Can you explain exact about LO or OO?

LO = LibreOffice that comes with Zorin - most of its Devs left OO for LO at The Document Foundation after Oracle took over Sun Microsystemss - LO is far superior ot OO (IMHO) ;) :D