This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Dell Latitude no os unable to connect to internet

zenfrank

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01:28 am

I was wondering if anybody can help.

I recently purchased a Dell Latitude no os in hopes of installing Zorin Ultimate as its primary os.

Main problem is I cannot connect to the internet. When I try using the live CD using Puppy and zenweb I could connect without a problem.
Is it possible to download firmware using another computer via flash drive and then run it from the flash drive connected to my laptop?

Its really frustrating, when I use zorin core on my other laptop I could configure the connection with no problem. Mind you the primary target Laptop has no os , my other laptop runs "Yuck" Vista but since I could use live cd on it it works fairly well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

F

Wolfman

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:48:45 pm

Hi,

start by using a network cable and install then restart and do the updates per this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Once restarted after updating, open System Settings > Hardware > Additional Drivers and look to see if your drivers are there, select them if they are.

Let us know what happens.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:15:20 pm

Let us know what your wireless card is so as we can establish what firmware you need.

Post back the result of the following commands.

lspci -nn | grep 0280
lsusb
sudo lshw -c network
sudo rfkill list all

(to open terminal press ctrl+alt+T)

zenfrank

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19:11 pm

Wolfman and Madvinegar

Got it to finally work. Cant tell you how grateful I am to get it to work. It was pretty frustrating for a while.
Thank You Gentlemen for all your help and efforts.

ZF