This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Disabling Touch Pad

ventrman

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:57:54 pm

How do I disable the Touch Pad in Zorin so the Cursor does not jump all over when I am typing:?: Thanks.

Wolfman

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:28:02 am

Hi,

assuming your are using a laptop/netbook, press the "FN" key (located next to the Windows/Superkey on the left of your keyboard) followed by the key that corresponds to your touchpad, on my rig it is "FN + F6", this will switch it off/on.

Regards Wolfman :D

ventrman

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22:52 am

I installed tpconfig, my touchpad is still not disabled. I also tried to hit the fn Key and the F6 Key together. Neither method worked. I clicked the Area in my System setting to disable the touchpad when typing, that did not work either. It is frustrateing trying to type a Document, only to have the Cursor jump serveral Spaces. That makes it almost impossible to type anything. Does anyone have any other Ideas?

Wolfman

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:35:58 am

Hi,

the F6 key is the one for my touchpad on my PC, is it the same layout as yours??.

Have you tried Gpointing device settings from the repo??.

GPointing Device Settings_001.jpg

Wolfman

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51:30 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Wolfman, the grey cells are getting worse - I am wondering if that is what is wrongly referred to on other forums as the 'latest synaptic touchpad software'!

PS Hope you are keeping free of the floods!

We are flood free for now in my region; thanks for asking. :D

Confusion comes from someone misspelling "Synaptics" (Touchpads) and using "Synaptic" the software manager I would say!!.