This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

graphic tablet

siawacsh

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36:24 am

Hi folks, can anyone point to a good graphic tablet brand which will run well on my Zorin 6/Ubuntu 12.04? WACOM and Trust seem to be the most common in the UK/Irish market. Neither product mention anything about Linux support. But I read on a number of forums that WACOM is the best brand to go for. Would you agree?

A lot of tablets seem to depend on software driven functionality which I do not know my Zorin/Ubuntu will support.

I also do not know if blue tooth pens are supported.

I am not a professional graphic artist and only delving into the area. I would mainly use it with Gimp and since I experience tendinits pain, I want to use it as an ergonomic mouse. My max budget is €100 and hope to find something much cheaper.

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/catalog ... fault.aspx

It would be great if I could get a list of brands and models.

Thanks

siawacsh

Wolfman

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:10:34 am

Hi,

take a look here:

http://www.securitronlinux.com/bejiitas ... ntu-12-10/

They recommend the Wacom too!!.

I don't know what it costs!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

siawacsh

Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:08:31 pm

Thanks. That was useful.

Siawacsh

zheyang

Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:19:52 am

You can't go wrong with a Wacom, they are well-supported under Zorin / Ubuntu and very good build quality. My wife has upgraded three times over the last 7 years with a bigger tablet each time. She uses hers daily while I use mine ( intuos 4 ) on occasion with Inkscape and GIMP.

If budget is important, I would seriously consider looking into the xp-pen graphics tablets. They are cheaper and although they don't have all the fancy buttons (they do have them though) on the sides, they offer the same sensitivity (2000 range! Same as wacom Intuos and above!) and controls as the Wacom series. Their prices are insane, too, ranging from 30 to 100 dollars.