This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Mouse scrolls are inverted

rindi

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26:39 pm

Hi. I'm using Zorin 6.3 and have noticed a strange behaviour. When for example in a web-browser I use the mouse's scroll wheel to scroll down, it scrolls up, and when I scroll up, it scrolls down. Just like the scroll wheel is inverted. In another user profile I don't have that problem. Can anyone help me where I can change that behaviour, or which file I have to edit in the user's folder, to make the mouse scroll wheel behave normal again? I can't find any such setting.

Thanks for your help.

Wolfman

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02:56 pm

Hi,

try this:

http://www.maketecheasier.com/reverse-m ... 2011/09/16

You can also install gpointing-device-settings but I don't think it will help much!!. In a terminal:

sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings

You'll find it in the menu under > Menu > System Tools > Preferences > Pointing Devices

Regards Wolfman :D

rindi

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:29:37 pm

Your right, that doesn't help. I'm mainly wondering what caused this behaviour in the first place.

Wolfman

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:16:42 am

Hi,

did you try out the link I posted??.

Adamyno

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:46:52 am

I also have this problem

Adamyno

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:53:45 am

I'm installed the naturalscrolling

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zedtux/naturalscrolling
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install naturalscrolling

Start, select device and all right. It can start at login.

Wolfman

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59:23 am

Hi Adamyno,

thanks; maybe this can help Rindi!!??.

rindi

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22:13 pm

I had meanwhile deleted the account and created a new one with which I didn't have the problem. I'm still more interested in trying to find out what was the cause for the issue in the first place. There must be something within Zorin that I hit which changed the behaviour.

Wolfman

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:09:57 pm

rindi wrote:I had meanwhile deleted the account and created a new one with which I didn't have the problem. I'm still more interested in trying to find out what was the cause for the issue in the first place. There must be something within Zorin that I hit which changed the behaviour.

Hi,

did you use a disk to do the install of the OS and did you burn the disk at the slowest possible speed?. (Failure to burn the disk at the slowest speed possible will often lead to such small niggling problems due to read/write errors during the burn process!!)

Despite your problem which you have now solved, can we mark this thread as "Solved" ??.

rindi

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58:05 pm

Yes, I always burn at the lowest speed or use unetbootin so I can run the installation from a USB stick. It can't have been the original disk anyway, as at first it acted normally for that user. It started acting strange later, but I just don't have any idea why or what I did that made it act so strange.

But yes, you can mark it as "solved".