This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Did an update in Zorin,and messed the look

dreamwarrior

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:10:54 pm

Hi everyone...I had installed for a few months Zorin 6.2..and it was fine working perfect.....then,a few days ago,in the updates came an upgrade for version Ubuntu 12.10...i was unsure to upgrade so i asked someone who has a youtube channel of Zorin tutorials,if i upgrade to that ,if it will make my zorin,look like ubuntu instead,(because i had in another pc installed OS Pear,also based on Ubuntu..and when i upgrade it changed the way it looked to Ubuntu with Unity)....he said that it should stay looking as zorin....so i decided to upgrade,and when done an restarting the pc...not only it lost it looks like zorin,it doesnt even look as ubuntu either....worst,it wont connect to internet anymore.....is there something i can do to make it look back,and working as Zorin?..any help please,otherwise ill have to format once again..it looks uglier than Fiona....

Wolfman

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23:08 pm

Hi and welocme,

you need to check and see if the Zorin repositories are still there, open Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Other Software, if they are not listed, you can try recovering your PC but it would be much easier to re-install:
Software & Updates_008.jpg

If you don't have Synaptic installed, do so using the terminal command below:

sudo apt-get install synaptic

Please also check out the update guide and the part about updating to Ubuntu is also covered:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

"Also note that where it states: "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" is set to "Never". The reason is because if you allow it to update to any version of Ubuntu, you will most likely lose all your current settings and themes as a complete system update this way leads to the newest version of Ubuntu being installed!!."

Let us know what happens.

Regards Wolfman :D

dreamwarrior

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:12:26 pm

thank you for answering..ill follow what you say..and let u know later what happened..thanks very much

dreamwarrior

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56:54 am

Thanks wolfman for your help,i had to opt for re-install...there were no repositories,now i checked twice the ¨notify me of a new version¨ to NEVER....thanks a lot

Wolfman

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09:52 pm

Alright DW, I will mark this as solved.

Regards Wolfman :D