This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] bin folder

Texasgoldbuyer

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:37:31 am

Hello everyone,
I was trying to run wine and play Windows Spider Solitaire when Wine crashed. Now there is a folder on my desktop with the name of bin and I wonder if anyone know where it belongs. I don't want to get it messed up as I am sure it is important. Any help would be appreciated.

Charles

Texasgoldbuyer

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:09:30 am

Hello Everyone,
I was being a dummy and trying to run Windows Spider Solitaire and wine crashed on me. Now I have a folder on the desktop with the name bin. I need to know where it goes so I can get it back. I have spent hours setting this system up and love it. I also know the bin is important so I want to get it back so all my efforts do go down the drain. Please someone point me in the right direction.
Charles

Wolfman

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:31:51 am

Hi Charles,

right click the folder > "Properties" and look at what is in the folder if anything, we need to know if it is your system "bin" folder, take a screenshot of the properties page please and post it in a reply:
Home Properties_010.jpg

(Example pic)

Regards Wolfman :D

Texasgoldbuyer

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27:46 pm

Thanks for the answer. I was doing some searching and found out where it went. It didn't move the folder it just copied it. I checked it's size, number of files in it, and the size of the files and it was the same so I moved it to the trash and emptied it and rebooted and system works great as before. I am running HP EliteBook with quad core I5, 6 gigs of ram, and 2 120 gig SSD drives and this system runs like a scalded monkey. Fast and I mean fast. I think I am going to buy Zorin 7 premium and see what the difference is and see if it has allot of improvement over version 6 premium.

Wolfman

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:58:13 am

Hi,

good for you, I will mark this as solved.

Regards Wolfman :D