This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Workspace bug

tio.trom

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38:04 pm

I use Zorin 6.2 Ultimate but changed the cube effect for wall effect. Thing is, the second workspace is behaving in a strange way.
Example: I have 3 different windows on workspace 2 and other windows on the other 3 walls. I am on workspace 1 and I click on a window that is on workspace 2. Normally this should bring me to workspace nr 2 and open that window, but rather than that it brings me to workspace nr 3 and opens that window. Basically it moves the window from workspace 2 to 3...

It only happens on workspace nr 2.

You have any clue why ?

Wolfman

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:26:29 am

Hi,

I don't know why myself, what type of graphics card do you have?, are the drivers installed for it??, is your system fully up-to-date?.

Since you made changes in the Compiz Settings Manager?, did you try changing them back?, have you looked there for a possible answer?.

Please report back answering all the questions above if you can.

Regards Wolfman :D

tio.trom

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49:02 pm

Sorry I should have give more details.

ATI graphic card, proprietary driver installed.
System up to date.
I dont remember making changes in the compiz manager for that particular part.

I looked for a possible answer cant find anything. Maybe I dont know what to look for since it only happens on the second workspace.

Hope it helps.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50:23 am

Hi,

what are your software sources settings like??, take a look here and see if yours are the same:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

If you do make any changes, make sure you reload and mark any new updates and restart your PC!!.

Did you try switching Compiz animations off??.

Let us know if this helps!!.

Regards Wolfman :D