This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Windows 7 and XP themes have no dock

Superarragon

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:23:33 am

Right now I'm stuck using the GNOME 2 theme on Zorin 7 64bit, because whenever I choose Windows 7 or XP from the look changer, all I see is my desktop wallpaper and icons. There's no dock or menu or anything. Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks,
Superarragon

Wolfman

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:06:36 am

Hi,

open the desktop in Win7 look then press Ctrl + Alt + t which will open a terminal and type "avant-window-manager", this will start your AWN panel, right click the bottom panel and then "Dock Preferences", look and make sure that "Start AWN automatically" has a tick in the box and close the window.

You should now have a menu on the left, look for "Startup Applications" and make sure that "Avant Window Navigator" is showing in the list, if you don't have a menu, press Ctrl + Alt + t and type "gnome-session-properties" which will start the Startup Applications tool.

See more about AWN here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

Edit:

Sorry if I confused anyone, the command is:

Code:
avant-window-navigator

not the command that I posted above!!.

Superarragon

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52:18 pm

Thanks Wolfman, but whenever I type "avant-window-manager" in terminal, it says command not found. How else can I open the AWM manager?

EDIT: I found that running avant-window-navigator through ALT+F2 brought the dock back, but the dock icons are lowered and half off the screen, and it's quite annoying. However, trying to run avant-window-manager from ALT+F2 says it could not open the location file.

Superarragon

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:06:05 pm

I have fixed it by doing "awn-settings" in terminal instead of "avant-window-manager" and then following your steps. Thanks Wolfman!

Wolfman

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:19:28 pm

Hi,

I must apologise, the command is/was:

Code:
avant-window-navigator

Sorry about that!. :oops:

Did you read the guide?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D