This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Keyboard screenshot key

siawacsh

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:19:47 pm

Hi, my screenshot button is not working. Is this a zorin configuration issue, as it worked Ubuntu and Mint.?

Would appreciate an early feedback.

siawacsh

madvinegar

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:38:29 pm

what version of zoirn are you using? Try Zorin7 which has the newest kernel (3.0.8). The button might work.

siawacsh

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:55:48 pm

I am using version 6 with the latest updates. Too drastic to upgrade to 7 just for a keyboard. I prefer to stick with one version behind the latest release, for stability.

madvinegar

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:00:45 am

Could you at least just download Zorin7 and prepare a live USB or live CD, boot in live environment and see if the screenshot key works?
If it works, I can tell you how to upgrade to stable kernel 3.8 (and you will keep zorin6).

Wolfman

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05:39 am

Hi,

I can really only recommend "Shutter" for screenshots, I cannot get the screenshot button to work with the Gnome screenshot app either and I tried it on a UK English and a German keyboard!!.

Code:
sudo apt-get install shutter

if you want to install it!. (Do it via Synaptic and you can also right click the package and install the suggested packages too!!)

Regards Wolfman :D

siawacsh

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23:36 pm

Hi Madvinegar, I will try out Zorin 7 in the next couple of days and let you know.

Thanks Wolfman, I installed shutter and it works using the windows menu. It will do the job for now.

Thank you all

siawacsh

Wolfman

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27:20 pm

Hi,

I marked this as solved even though it isn't the 100% what you wanted!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Auldyin

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54:21 am

Hi all

Goodness gracious me another reason not to downgrade to Zorin 7 from 5 no screenshot buttons. In Zorin 5 it's [Alt ]+ [PrtSc] no problemo.

Cheers Auldyin

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

siawacsh

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:14:28 pm

Thank you to all.