This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin problems

david7307

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:53:41 pm

I have been using zorin for a while now and i used to love it and have done all the updates as thy come along, and resonantly i have had trouble with Zorin slowing down not stable as it ones was , its not one big thing its lots of little things first was decoding files , so i deleted it and tried mint LTS an i don't like that , any one else having trouble with Zorn6
i also tried Zorn 7 and that was just as bad first time ever a Linux program would not find my printer and work , this is not a itch and how bad Zori is i liked it a lot and still want to use it i just want to know if its just me and my computer

Decimator Omega

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:10:48 pm

There is a possibility that it could be your PC. I'm not sure however.

Wolfman

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33:35 am

Hi David,

what printer make is it?.

To add to the stability of my system I install both the base packages of the Gnome and KDE desktops, it does install a lot of apps I will never use and on the plus side; does help stabilise the system for me.

if you want to do it, paste the following command in a terminal and restart your PC after install:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome kde-full

Regards Wolfman :D

david7307

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:52:30 am

It was with my HP, Zorin 7 would not find it so i have gone back to Zorin 6 still prefer Zorin to Windows for what i want to do
Thanks for all the help

Wolfman

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:56:16 am

Hi David,

installing HP printers is covered in the guide and will work on all versions of Ubuntu based systems!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D