This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Update Error Message re dl.google.com/linux

maczorin-5

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:06:00 pm

Hello I am a Zorin/Linux newbie so little knowledge to go with. Using Zorin 6 in 64 bit form and having an issue with an udate error message

Quote" W:Failed to fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/dists/stable/Release Unable to find expected entry 'non-free/source/Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) this is on the us.archive.ubuntu.com?

Any help and guidance on how to fix this would be reassuring nothing appears to be awry with my system except my paranoia!

Wolfman

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:37:19 am

Hi,

please see this guide about updating and change the download location of your software sources and let us know what happens:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

maczorin-5

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:17:43 am

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to help me.

FYI my system is a self-build following a Vista system/motherboard/PSU disaster on my old Vista PC. I also have an older Windows XP PC which has decided to loose my User Account data so i cannot boot that one up either for the moment; all of which has made me take the plunge with Linux and the Zorin Distro. My PC only has Zorin installed on one new 1T HDD but with a number of other SATA HDD extracted form my old Vista PC one 500 Gb pure data drive no programs;and one smaller drive with the Windows Vista OS on it plus Windows programs but with nothing "installed" on the Zorin system. I know that I will need to do some house keeping in future but that is for another day!!

Have done a quick read of your replies but I will need to take more time to re-read and understand it. Its a bit like visiting a modern day European country and trying to get by using school boy o-level french!!!

I did try the following fix Quote:-
There are often posts on the forum about "Broken Packages", you can solve this problem by opening: Synaptic > Edit > Fix broken packages. (You may well already be in Synaptic when you see this message!)
You can also run a command to fix this; run this command in a terminal:
CODE: SELECT ALL
sudo dpkg --configure -a

But no change!! Still got the following

Message on Update Manager
Software updates may be available for your computer
The package information last updated 57 days ago. Press the "Check" button below to check for new software updates

Failed to download repository information
Check your internet connection.

W:Failed to fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/dists/stable/Release Unable to find expected entry 'non-free/source/Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Changed download "mirror" to the "best" UK server still got the error message!

More Questions
1. I am still using Chrome as my browser the only thing i did was to use the Internet Manager to delete Firefox as the "preferred browser" to stop my PC automatically opening Firefox on start up. Would this make any difference?

2. Re Synaptic. Firstly I did not know that I had this utility on my PC! I went to Ubuntu Software centre and found that it was already installed but where is it on my system and how to I find it to launch it?

3.Did a search on the "Home" directory for "Synaptic" and got a long list of items most of which had little red crosses on their icons? Used the screen shot facility but do not know how to paste it as an image on here?

4. I also did a "select all" on the list and copied it to a text file and it came up with a lot of surprising info. I have connected as a "data" HDD an old drive from my now "dead" Windows Vista PC as is with all its software and data files intact and unchanged but that is another foreign country still to be explored but I wondered if that was the reason for all the Windows XP references in the text file???? See below

/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/bug/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/doc/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/omf/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-37-generic/include/config/mouse/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-37-generic/include/config/touchscreen/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-41-generic/include/config/mouse/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-41-generic/include/config/touchscreen/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-48-generic/include/config/mouse/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-48-generic/include/config/touchscreen/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-49-generic/include/config/mouse/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-49-generic/include/config/touchscreen/synaptics
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-37-generic/include/config/mouse/ps2/synaptics.h
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-41-generic/include/config/mouse/ps2/synaptics.h
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-48-generic/include/config/mouse/ps2/synaptics.h
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-49-generic/include/config/mouse/ps2/synaptics.h
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/app-install/desktop/synaptic:synaptic.desktop
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/applications/synaptic-kde.desktop
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/sbin/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/es/man8/synaptic.8.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/fr/man8/synaptic.8.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/man4/synaptics.4.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/man8/synaptic.8.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/pt_BR/man8/synaptic.8.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/man/tr/man8/synaptic.8.gz
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/omf/synaptic/synaptic-C.omf
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/omf/synaptic/synaptic-es.omf
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/omf/synaptic/synaptic-sv.omf
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ar/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ast/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/az/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/bs/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ca/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/cs/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/da/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/de/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/el/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/es/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/fi/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/fo/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/fr/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/gl/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/hi/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/hr/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/hu/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/id/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/it/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ja/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/kk/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/kn/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ko/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/lt/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/lv/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/mg/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ms/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/my/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/nb/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/nl/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/oc/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/pl/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/pt_BR/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/pt/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ru/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/sk/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/sl/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/sq/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/sr/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/sv/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ta/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/te/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/tr/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/ug/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/uk/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/uz/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/zh_CN/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/zh_TW/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/AptUrl/gtk/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sessioninstaller/backends/synaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/UpdateManager/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/apport/package-hooks/source_xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/128/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/16/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/22/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/24/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/32/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/48/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/64/synaptic.svg
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/en_AU/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/en_CA/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/en_GB/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/128/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/16/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/22/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/24/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/32/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/48/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/Humanity/apps/64/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-37-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics_i2c.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-37-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/ste_rmi4/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-41-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics_i2c.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-41-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/ste_rmi4/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-48-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics_i2c.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-48-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/ste_rmi4/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-49-generic/kernel/drivers/input/mouse/synaptics_i2c.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/modules/3.2.0-49-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/ste_rmi4/synaptics_i2c_rmi4.ko
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/lib/udev/rules.d/66-xorg-synaptics-quirks.rules
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help/C/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/51-synaptics-quirks.conf
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/synaptic.list
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/synaptic.md5sums
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.list
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.md5sums
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/app-install/icons/synaptic.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-categories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-filter.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-packagedetails.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-packagelist.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-repositories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-start.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/figures/synaptic-toolbar.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-categories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-filter.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-packagedetails.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-packagelist.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-repositories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-start.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/figures/synaptic-toolbar.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-categories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-filter.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-packagedetails.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-packagelist.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-repositories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-start.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/figures/synaptic-toolbar.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/update-manager/C/figures/synaptic-toggle-install-view.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/icons/ZorinOS/scalable/apps/synaptic.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/pixmaps/synaptic.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-categories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-filter.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-packagedetails.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-packagelist.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-repositories.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-start.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/html/figures/synaptic-toolbar.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/zorinmenu/Themes/Icon/Zorin OS/m_synaptic.png
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/AptUrl/gtk/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.pyc
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sessioninstaller/backends/synaptic.pyc
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/UpdateManager/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.pyc
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/apport/package-hooks/source_synaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/pyshared/AptUrl/gtk/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/pyshared/sessioninstaller/backends/synaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/pyshared/UpdateManager/backend/InstallBackendSynaptic.py
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/bin/synaptic-pkexec
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/synaptic.postinst
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/var/lib/dpkg/info/synaptic.postrm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/menu/synaptic
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/af/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/am/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ast/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/az/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/be@latin/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/be/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/bn/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/bo/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/br/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/bs/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ca@valencia/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ckb/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/crh/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/csb/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/cy/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/dv/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/en_AU/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/en_CA/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/eu/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fil/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fo/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fur/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/fy/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ga/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/gu/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/gv/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/hi/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/hr/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ht/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/hy/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ia/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/is/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ka/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/km/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/kn/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ko/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ku/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ky/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/la/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/lo/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/lt/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/mk/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ml/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/mr/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ms/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/my/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/nb/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/nds/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ne/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/no/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/oc/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/pa/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ps/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/pt/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/pt_PT/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/qu/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sc/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/si/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sq/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sr@Latn/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ta_LK/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/te/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/tet/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/th/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/tl/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/tt/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ug/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/ur/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/uz/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/vi/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/xh/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/zh_HK/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/synaptic.mo
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/C/synaptic.xml
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/es/synaptic.xml
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/gnome/help/synaptic/sv/synaptic.xml
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help-langpack/en_AU/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help-langpack/en_CA/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/help-langpack/en_GB/ubuntu-help/addremove-install-synaptic.page
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.ubuntu.pkexec.synaptic.policy
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/gtkbuilder/synaptic.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/gtkbuilder/synaptic_mini.xpm
/home/john/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/windowsxp_test/dosdevices/z:/usr/share/synaptic/pixmaps/synaptic_32x32.xpm

Thanks again for your replies I know I have a lot to lear re Linux Zorin and PC systems in general but I am prepared to slog it out to save my soul from the dreaded MS Zombitis!

Regards JM

madvinegar

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25:24 am

Go to system settings > update manager > settings > other software tab.

You will see two entries regarding google chrome. Untick the box of the entry that says
Code:
http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/dists/stable/Release

exit and in terminal write
Code:
sudo apt-get update

and see of you get any error.

To open synaptic, just open the zorin menu and start writing the name synaptic. It will come up. If I remember well it is under system > preferences.

Otherwise, just open terminal and write
Code:
synaptic

maczorin-5

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:47:18 am

Hi Madvinigar

Thanks for your input.

I do have two entries on the "Other Software" tab for "dl.google" but they are

"http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/ stable non-free (Source Code)" and

"http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main"

Not quite the same as your reply so which one should I deselect?

Regards JM PS thanks for the info re Synaptic!

madvinegar

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:38:26 pm

Untick this one

Code:
"http://dl.google.com/linux/deb/ stable non-free (Source Code)"