This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Date&Time on System Settings

barabaraman

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:13:48 pm

Hi there beautiful people.

I just updated my Zorin from 6 to 7 yesterday and works fine until update manager pops out.
I installed the update and everything was fine except for the two Date&Time icon under System Settings > System.

Here is the screenshot.
SS System Settings.png
System Settings
How can I remove this old one.
SS1Window.png
First Date&Time before the update

I want to retain this new one.
SS2nd window.png
Second Date&Time after the update

Now I am having a hard time to show User Accounts due to limited screen. I don't want to start from scratch by installing it again on my laptop.

Thank you so much for the help guys. Mabuhay!!!

Chase Kero A. Arandela
Learner | Brother | Father | Friend | Artist | Writer | Actor | Educator | Public Speaker

madvinegar

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:21:35 pm

If I remember well, this package is called gnome-control-center. At least for 12.04. Hope it is the same for 13.04.

Try this. In terminal:
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall gnome-control-center

Reboot and see if that helped.

barabaraman

Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:35:43 pm

Thanks for your help. It didn't work. I guess I need to reinstall and try not to update for the mean time.

Wolfman

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00:13 am

Hi,

if you want full user control, install the package "gnome-system-tools" and use that to control users and groups!:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools

http://askubuntu.com/questions/66718/ho ... and-groups

Time settings in Ubuntu 13.04 are reliant on your location, you must restart or log back in to make the changes work as they don't happen straight away!?. Do you have a different keyboard to your system language or locale?.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:22:53 pm

In order to get rid of the Date & Time.

Open the Terminal and run : sudo gedit

When the text editor opens click "Open" and go to File System (in the left pane) > usr > share > applications > gnome-datetime-panel.desktop .

Delete the "GNOME" writing in this line: OnlyShowIn=GNOME;

Press save

Your Done !!!! :D :D

barabaraman

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:24:34 pm

Thank you so much awesome people for providing great support. I have no regret for posting my issue here. In just 3 days community is eager to provide relevant information and fix my concern.

You are all awesome beautiful people. Mabuhay Zorin Group. You rocks guys :D :D

Anonymous

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33:09 pm

You can thank Zorin Group for answering your question...I just relayed it to ya !!!! :D :D

Wolfman

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:09:20 am

Hi,

can we mark this as solved??.

Regards Wolfman :D

barabaraman

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:47:30 pm

I am sorry guys I forgot to indicate on my last post that my concern was already solved. Thank you so much Zorin Community for understanding a newbie like me.