This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ZORIN 6.3 Start Screen:

pp4mnklinux

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:06:42 pm

Hello everybody:

I just instaled zorin 6.3 at my brother's pc sharing disk with W7, all works fine, EXCEPT the begining of zorin.

After the grup screen, when I select to star Zorin, a Stripped screen appears (where the icon of zorin starting must appear) and when the charging ends, zorin continue charging.

That is, instead of zorin icon (the z with the circles under it) appears a lot of strippes in my computer.

How can I solve this

- This computer has got only one hard disk, and W7 is in one partition and Zorin in other.

THANKS IN ADVANCE (I dont want to reinstal it again)

Wolfman

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:48:47 am

Hi,

as Swarf sugggests, it might well be down to what sounds like an Nvidia graphics card, see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

It is not to say that the "Splash Screen" will look any better after installing the drivers!!.

To check what graphics card you have, paste this command in a terminal and look down the list for "VGA compatible controller" which will tell you what graphics card you have:

Code:
lspci

Also, make sure that your system is fully up-to-date:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

pp4mnklinux

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:25:09 am

Thank you a lot

Have a really nice day ! :arrow:

pp4mnklinux

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49:53 pm

Hello:

For this computer this solution doesn't work, althoug is posible the problem is that I can't direct conect my PC to the net (only wireless) so I must continue with the extra time and no screen while charging.

Of course thank you very much for your interest but I can't solve the problem.

Have a nice day u all.

pp4mnklinux

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:45:49 pm

Thanks 4 your fast answer.

I'll try it when I'll go back home.

THANKS

Auldyin

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:15:47 am

hello

I had the same problem when I first installed Zorin. My cure was to install StartUp-Manager from the Software Centre and set a screen resolution to match my computer. See picts. -----------------

Screenshot.png

Screenshot-1.png

Cheers Auldyin

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Auldyin

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:44:44 pm

60 jewels thanks.

but I'd rather have a
Guinness1.jpg

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D