This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Nothing happens when I click the scroll wheel.

caraj

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46:00 pm

I'm used to it making it so that I can scroll by moving the cursor up and down, but the pointer just stays an arrow and I don't get any new scrolling ability.
I'm using Zorin 6.2 Lite on a Dell Latitude D600.
Is there any reason I should use Zorin instead of Lubuntu? I started with Lubuntu, and the way I remember it is that that OS had the scrolling capability I'm looking for.
I started using Zorin because I had heard it was meant to be easier for PC users, but I find it to be 99% identical to Lubuntu. The only differences I've really noticed are the Look Changer and Extra Software options in the System Tools menu. I can use WINE on Lubuntu, right?
And by the way, is there worse documentation for Zorin than similar forms of Linux? If so, that seems like a pretty good reason to switch (no offense intended to Zorin users).

Wolfman

Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42:55 am

Hi,

take a look here, it may help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Mouse

The main reason to use Zorin Lite over Lubuntu would be the quick reposnse to questions about the OS even though we still have to refer people to subject matter from Lubuntu!.

This might interest you too:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835

Regards Wolfman :D