This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Upgrading from Zorin OS Core to Zorin OS Business

Martinbr

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:11:43 pm

Hi, everyone!

This is my first posting on this forum. I've been a Windows user so far and would like to try Linux. I first read about Zorin OS two days ago, and it really looks great to me!

Now I'd like to try Zorin OS 7 Core alongside Windows first, and later I might upgrade to Zorin OS 7 Business. Could you please describe how such an upgrade works (I haven't been able to find such a description on the web)? Or perhaps an upgrade isn't necessary at all and you can download the additional packages of the Business version from inside the Core version?

TIA for your help!
Martin

Wolfman

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:24:22 am

Martinbr wrote:Hi, everyone!

This is my first posting on this forum. I've been a Windows user so far and would like to try Linux. I first read about Zorin OS two days ago, and it really looks great to me!

Now I'd like to try Zorin OS 7 Core alongside Windows first, and later I might upgrade to Zorin OS 7 Business. Could you please describe how such an upgrade works (I haven't been able to find such a description on the web)? Or perhaps an upgrade isn't necessary at all and you can download the additional packages of the Business version from inside the Core version?

TIA for your help!
Martin

Hi,

you cannot do a direct upgrade in the sense ou mean, you can do a re-install keeping your data intact if you use the "Something Else Method":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4848

Regards Wolfman :D