This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Changing the Zorin loading screen

gcoulthard

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:04:22 pm

Hi there! -- I'm using Zorin 7 Ultimate edition and have customized the theme to display darker colours. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to invert/change the loading screen from white with the blue Z logo to something less bright -- like the previous blue striped background (or even a dark gray textured background.) Any help is appreciated. Thanks -- Glen

gcoulthard

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:18:50 pm

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I tried using the Splash Manager with some custom plymouth themes from gnome-look and the only change I experienced was during shutdown of the machine. Nothing seems to impact the white loading splash screen. Hmmm... maybe this is a bug report, instead of a help request. Thanks anyway!

gcoulthard

Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:14:50 am

Thanks for taking this time to test and respond. I tried to recreate your steps but to no avail. There must be something unique to my system that is not allowing me to change the splash screen. Not a big deal.

I certainly appreciate your responsiveness. Time to just accept the "flashlight" Zorin splash/greeter and move on to more productive pastures. <grin> -- Glen

Wolfman

Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08:36 am

Hi,

are you selecting the correct file using the Zorin splash changer as it works fine for me?.

Have you fully updated your system?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

manray

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:51:31 pm

gcoulthard wrote:Thanks for taking this time to test and respond. I tried to recreate your steps but to no avail. There must be something unique to my system that is not allowing me to change the splash screen. Not a big deal.

I certainly appreciate your responsiveness. Time to just accept the "flashlight" Zorin splash/greeter and move on to more productive pastures. <grin> -- Glen

Hi
I'm using Zorin OS 7.1 Core and I would also like to change the loading screen with the blue from white Z logo to something less bright.
I would like to know how can I do that?
Just replace the white color to black.
Thanks in advance
M

manray

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53:50 am

Hi
I'm using Zorin OS 7.1 Core x86_64 and I would also like to change the loading screen with the blue from white Z logo to something less bright.
I would like to know how can I do that?
Just replace the white color to black.
Thanks in advance

Wolfman

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49:38 am

Hi,

open: Menu > System Tools > Zorin Splashscreen Manager enter your password and then select "Change Default Theme", then select your default folder and choose "Zorin Blue" then restart your PC.

Zorin Splash Screen Manager_064.jpg
Zorin Splash Screen Manager_064.jpg (61.9 KiB)

Select Plymouth splash file_063.jpg

manray

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54:19 am

Hi Wolfman,
Thanks for your response but I don't have this option available.
I'm using Zorin OS 7.1 Core.
There is any other way to do this? :)
Thanks

Wolfman

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03:05 pm

Hi,

sorry I forgot that I am using ultimate, see this link:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/201 ... ntu-13-04/

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:00:56 pm

This might help - but do so AT YOUR OWN RISK!:

http://www.stlinux.com/howto/splash-screen

manray

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44:43 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your help
Regards

Wolfman

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:22:20 am

Hi Glen,

is this solved for you too now?.

gcoulthard

Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:30:55 am

Yes, thank you for keeping the thread open! Time to close it now.
Merry Christmas,
Glen