This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Gnomenu problem

gqrodrigues

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:37:22 am

Sometimes when I start Gnomenu and click one of the topics (Internet, for example), instead of listing in "other screen", the programs are listed under the topic, as you can see in the attachment. After it, in order to open Skype, I must click on Zorin Web Browser Manager because when a program is clicked, it opens the second program above it. Look at my print screen to understand.

Wolfman

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:52:38 am

Hi,

you can try editing the main menu and restore it to system configuration to see if it will help: Main Menu > Right Click > Edit > Restore System Configuration

Main Menu_014.jpg

Have you fully updated?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

Linuxgamer94

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:35:34 am

Um pardon me, I know this might sound stupid, but how do you install Gnomenu? I can't find it using Ubuntu-software-center, software-center, or Deepin-software-center. Is it installed via a ppa or something? I also know they abanadoned their site on google code and a few other places. If you don't mind telling me the location of any links that might help or terminal comands to do it, thank you.

Wolfman

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:47:52 am

Linuxgamer94 wrote:Um pardon me, I know this might sound stupid, but how do you install Gnomenu? I can't find it using Ubuntu-software-center, software-center, or Deepin-software-center. Is it installed via a ppa or something? I also know they abanadoned their site on google code and a few other places. If you don't mind telling me the location of any links that might help or terminal comands to do it, thank you.

Hi,

it is more or less a dead project, you can get packages from here:

http://www.getdeb.net/software/gnomenu

and here:

https://launchpad.net/~gnomenu-team/+archive/ppa

It most likely won't work though!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:01:23 pm

gqrodrigues > As Wolfman has said before, this is a mysterious thing that happens when one has a Nvidia graphics card. This happens every so often on Zorin OS 6, but not enough to get alarmed over. You can try WM's idea and see if that does anything. I've found by logging-out and Logging-in does the trick for the most part. Zorin OS 7 doesn't have this trouble. You can play with GnoMenu, that's if you really know what your doing or you just want to live dangerously. Take my word for it... leave things alone if they are working. Messing with the wrong thing within Zorin OS can cause a major fallout ending in a new installation. If it bothers you that nuch, I would do a clean install with Zorin OS 7. One has to remember GnoMenu > Avant Window Manager hasn't had any kind of dev/updates in a long time, just because one see's them working within Zorin OS doesn't mean they will work elsewhere. Reason being Zorin Group had to do quite of few modifications to make the old work with the new... within Zorin OS. !!!! :D :D