This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What is Zorin's Window manager?

Linuxgamer94

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28:03 am

Ok so I have Zorin OS 7 installed and I saw that under /accessories/ZorinWM in the menu. What is Zorin WM and is it a program or is it a link to something. I clicked it and nothing happened other then a flash of whit light. If it is a WM is there a PPA for it to use on other disros. I know that Zorin uses a dock calle AWM and an app to launc the menu. Is it possible to take the zorin menu and AWM them and use it on other disros like Winbuntu, Ubuntu, or Mint even. I don't have a clue if Zorin modified any of the code of Avant Window Manager.for Zorin.

Wolfman

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:52:44 am

Hi,

if you saw a white flash when clicking within the menu, do you have an Nvidia graphics card?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

Have you fully updated?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Have you checked out the post install guide?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

As far as the menu goes, you would need to PM the devs to find out from them what changes they made if any to the coding etc!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33:03 pm

When you find things hidden...such as those relative to your question.
I would not advise you to go messing with anything, if you don't have a clue what it is or does.
It would benefit you to ask one of us before messing with the unknown.
Messing with some of the settings...hidden from general view can cause a major fallout within Zorin OS !!!!
And yes the ZorinMenu/Panel has been modified to make it current/compatible.

Inside the the tar.gz below is the specs on the ZorinMenu.