This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Prevent Guest Log in & Remote Log in

rpeake

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00:17 pm

Hello.
Zorin Core 7 64 bits is installed in my Asus laptop. Please explain how I can prevent a Guest Logging in and how to prevent Remote Logging in. Thank you in advance. Ron

Wolfman

Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:18:16 am

Hi,

install the package "gnome-system-tools" via a terminal and you can use it to manage your user accounts, you will find it in the Main Menu > System Settings > Administration > Users & Groups:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools

Regards Wolfman :D

Users Settings_016.jpg

rpeake

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16:21 am

Hello. Unfortunately after installing gnome-system-tools I can only see one user, myself. Pushing the advanced button only allows me to further change my own data.
Regards, Ron

rpeake

Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:38:43 pm

Thank you swarfendor437 very much. Now Guests cannot login to my system any more. When I find a way to prevent Remote Login I will be content because security will be better still.
Regards, Ron

rpeake

Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01:27 pm

Hello All. This article explains how to do it and it worked for me. Asus laptop, Core 7 64 bit.

http://www.itworld.com/software/354005/ ... buntu-1304

Regards,
Ron

Wolfman

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:39:13 am

Hi all,

I merged both threads together and marked as solved!. (Sorry that I didn't even notice the part about "Remote Login" as I wasn't paying attention as usual!)

Regards Wolfman :D