This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Qmail causing installation failures

johnmurf

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:45:33 am

I have tried to install some programs but they usually fail with errors relating to qmail. I do not know what qmail does or how to stop it from stopping programs installing. All errors mention something with qmail not being configured properly.
i have included a screenshot of the error message. I am using zorin 7. Any ideas how to configure qmail and does it have to be installed?

Screenshot error message.png

Wolfman

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:26:07 am

Hi,

assuming you are not using Qmail because you don't know what it is, remove it with the following terminal command:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove qmail

Then try updating again, you can read more about updating here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

If the above command doesn't work for whatever reason, open Synaptic package manager and type "qmail" in search and right click any package that relates to Qmail and mark it for complete removal!.

Regards Wolfman :D

johnmurf

Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:22:55 am

Thanks Wolfman. Followed you instructions and removed qmail and then updated. I tried installing a program that failed before and now it installed without any errors.
It is quite clear that learning all this is going to take some time, but I am not one to give up easily.
Thanks again :D

Wolfman

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57:58 am

Hi John,

if you get bored:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

and:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

That should keep you busy for a while!!.

Regards Wolfman :D