This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

dual monitors with 7790 video card

wadcock2

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31:16 am

I have a asus HD7790-DC2OC-1GD5 video card, and its showing the same output on both DVI connectors and the HDMI connector.

I've gone into System Settings /Displays and unchecked Mirror displays and its still the same output.

But it displays "Failed to apply configuration: %s timeout was reached." when apply is clicked. On closing that window, it then says "The selected configuration for displays could not be applied" " required virtual size does not fit availalbe size: requested=(3840, 1200), minimum=(32,200), maximum=(1920,1920)"

Also, Rotation is grayed out. I had started out with one Dell 2410 display in portrait mode.

How do I get 2 monitors working??

The motherboard is a Z87-K with a I-4770K processor.

Wolfman

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:45:02 am

Hi,

assuming this is the correct card and it is from ATI/AMD:

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD77 ... ifications

Have you installed the graphics card drivers yet??, if you are using Zorin 6:

System Settings > Hardware > Additional Drivers and activate the drivers and restart then try again.

For Zorin 7:

Synaptic > Settings > Repositories > Additional Drivers (right hand tab window) and activate the drivers and restart then try again.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

wadcock2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:02:21 am

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't know about Synaptic. (I'm running Zorin 7) I did find something about 7790 drives for linux on the web, and ran that but it didn't help. Sorry, I should have kept notes.

I found the packagemanagerguide.html. But There is no Start/Package Manager on my system.

I've looked other places under start (but not all) and didn't see Package Manager.

wadcock2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:07:47 am

My terminal window is still open and it it's history says a ran ./amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13-4-x86.x86_64.run

that I unzipped from amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13-6-beta-x86.x86_64.zip

P.S. Thanks for supporting dwa-548 d-link's wireless N300 pci card during the install.

Wolfman

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:21:36 am

Hi,

you will find Synaptic under Menu > System Tools > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager and you can check again for the drivers as I assume that you haven't got it to work yet??.

That said, if you installed the drivers via a terminal, it should work, did you try adjusting the monitor after you installed the drivers as you give no indication of doing so!!.

wadcock2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16:12 pm

Hi Wolfman

Additional drivers is empty.

What should I try now?

as for the drivers I installed in the terminal window-
Under System Settings/ Displayed, uncllicking "mirrored displays" still gives "Failed to apply configuration: %s" and the displays stay mirrored.

wadcock2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:18:17 pm

oh, by the way

the display window is in the center of the screen and not movable. Thus is on top of the forum browser window, making the forum window hard to read.

wadcock2

Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:50:17 pm

Thanks swarfendor437
but its displaying in the correct resolution.

The problem is that both monitors are showing the same thing instead of 2 monitors showing different applications.

Wolfman

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:02:56 am

Hi,

not sure if this will help but you can try a full update and see if things change:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

I have an ATI/AMD card on my notebook with an older HD card but I didn't install any graphics drivers for it and use the onboard drivers, that said; I only have the one monitor!!.

You can try the drivers from here:

http://www.noobslab.com/2013/04/install ... rs-in.html

But you use them at your own risk!!.

Let us know if this helps.