This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Evolution issues

alpha1

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02:43 am

Hi Guys
Can anyone advise as to why my evolution will not play a sound notification for new emails.
This is the out put i got from my xterm, hope it can help.

In addition evolution keeps closing intermittantly, and seem to have multiply or dulicated email accounts, how can i remove this?
I have tried to inport my Signiture but it inports but will not sign emails.

I look forward to your reply.

$ evolution dbs

** (evolution:4612): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution:4612): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:4618): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:4618): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
falcon@Titan:~$ evolution dbs

** (evolution:4672): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution:4672): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:4678): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:4678): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

(evolution:4672): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot import any of the given URIs

^C

Wolfman

Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:29:18 am

Hi,

I can only advise you to install the full "Gnome" base package and try again, it seems to have a problem with the theming (Adwaita), what DE are you running?.

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome

The above command will install the full Gnome DE but you don't have to worry about that, it will have more stability (the system) imo!!. The only drawback to the above is that when updating; you will have more packages to update than normal!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

alpha1

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47:57 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

I can only advise you to install the full "Gnome" base package and try again, it seems to have a problem with the theming (Adwaita), what DE are you running?.

Code:

The above command will install the full Gnome DE but you don't have to worry about that, it will have more stability (the system) imo!!. The only drawback to the above is that when updating; you will have more packages to update than normal!!.

Thanks for the reply Wolfman
Not sure as to DM installed but after running the command it has defaulted to "lightdm" so i have gone with that.
Will let you know if it helps.

alpha1

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32:37 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

Code:

Update
Hi Wolfman, just to update you as to this issue carried out your instructions but the issue is still the same.

In addition the following issues seem to be still on going:-

evolution dbs

** (evolution:21832): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution:21832): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:21843): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

** (evolution-alarm-notify:21843): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

(evolution:21832): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot import any of the given URIs

(evolution:21832): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Java Plug-in 1.7.0_25

(evolution:21832): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Gnome Shell Integration

(evolution:21832): e-web-view.c-WARNING **: Disabling webkit plugin: Java Plug-in 1.7.0_25

(evolution:21832): camel-WARNING **: CamelPOP3Store::authenticate_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

(evolution:21832): camel-WARNING **: EMailUISession::authenticate_sync() reported failure without setting its GError

In addition:
My printer dos not seem to print attachments and when it dos it comes out half way across the page via document view program and has locked up my printer que i cannot clear it.
Tried rebooting no joy tried turning off and on again, Printer and system.
The printer appears to be fine as i was able toget a report from quicken on a one off.

Why can i not clear or delaeat the print jobs in the que.
The system is also reporting the following, unofficial program I have no idea what program, any idea as to what this may be refering to?
Everything seem ok up ontil the last update about 23 items.

I do hope yo u may be able to help as i have documents i need for a project.
Many Thanks

In my task bar my id seem to keep disapearing
Thanks

Wolfman

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:08:58 am

Hi,

what printer do you have?.

Have you tried running "DPKG" from the recovery menu:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

(Network cable required for the above!).

As Swarf has pointed out, are you logging into a different DE other than ZorinOS, that is the only DE you should select at the login window regardless of what other DE's are showing in the list, this will cripple the system considerabley if you don't have login set to ZorinOS only!!. The Look Changer and the login window do not work hand in glove and that is why you must only select ZorinOS at the login window regardless of what "Look" you chose with the Zorin Look Changer!.