This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Printer duplex setting

jojothehobo

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:45:08 pm

Hi All:
I am trying to switch my printer default from duplex to single sided (duplex off). When I look on the web I find the following (for Ubuntu 12.04/Zorin 6)

In System>Admin>Printing>Printer>Properties>Printer Options>2-Sided Printing, which can either off or on.

My default is on, since that is what I always see in print dialog. I'm using a Cannon iR-ADV-6075 printer for which I have installed the drivers from Cannon. I even downloaded mpage and ran it in a terminal, but that seemed to just set it up and didn't allow me to change anything. I ran it after the prompt as >mpage -1 but perhaps that wasn't the right way to do it.

I can't seem to get to either the line above or the Cannon driver. When I click on System I can get to system settings and printers but the only option I have is setting the default printer or adding or removing a printer.

Does anyone know how to switch from duplex to single sided. (I know, single sided is profligate with paper, but I use it for drafts so I can make notes on the blank side of the draft pages). I suspect there might be some command line magic or possibly some tool I'm not aware of. Any and all help appreciated.

all the best

Jojo :?

johnmurf

Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:58:56 am

Hi jojothehobo,
I am only a newbie to Zorin, But I initialy found a problem with getting duplex on my Canon printer. I don't have the same model printer as yours but I found my duplex option to be in System setiings>Printers>Options> two-sided. The default I have is 'long edge (standard)'. If i click on the little arrowhead next to long edge (standard) I get a choice of 'Short edge (flip)' and One sided. I I select one sided than the duplexing is off, even though the option shows as Two- sided [one sided] see the screnshots below.
Sometimes the duplex option can be found when selecting print from the program you are using but many times i have found I have to go to system settings>printers to change it to what i want.

Selection_002.png

Selection_003.png

jojothehobo

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26:56 pm

Thanks Johnmurf, that did the trick. The problem is solved so the moderators can mark this thread as solved/closed.

all the best
Jojo

Wolfman

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:43:15 pm

Nice one John :D :D :D :D

Marked as solved!.

Regards Wolfman :D

johnmurf

Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44:49 am

Thanks guys. Glad I could repay some of the help that I myself have received from the forum.