This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) magnet links ?

Jetlimaster

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10:05 pm

Im have ONLY one minor issie to solve :=) the Google chrome is not opening the magnet links. Installed qbittorent and if im drag the magnet lin in it is working but if im try to just click on it its opens a new page. im never have this problem before don't now if is Linux. Google+Linux. or just zorin ?
maybe just install an other torrent program which registrar the magnet link ? im prefer Google chrome becose mine Google account but can use Firefox if is a bug which cant be fixed :=)

Auldyin

Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:15:31 pm

Hi
If you'r willing to use Transmission instead read this. ------- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4650#p22108

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

pp4mnklinux

Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:03:46 pm

Hi:

I had the same problem, but now I'm not at home and I can't remember the solution that worked for me.

I use chromium, FireFox and Iron, and Transmission and jDownloader (Transm for Torrents).

I achieve join torrents with Transmision when using Chromium, but I can't remember how I obtain this.

As soon as i go back to my city I'll try to help U (it's possible my solution arrives late, but till now tell U that FireFox and jDownloader for Linux work without problems for me).

Try to use them meanwhile, have a nice time with Linux ;)

Jetlimaster

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35:15 pm

Hllo there im tried this one but google still want open a page :=9
Re: magnet links ?
Postby Auldyin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi
If you'r willing to use Transmission instead read this. ------- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4650#p22108

Cheers Auldyin
Still waitng for a salution..till then im installed firefox and there was np..just pointed out 1st time to what program to use for magnet links.. after all working great. Still prefer using chrome . thats mien main browser.

Auldyin

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:20:57 pm

Hi

This is the address of the Chrome extension you need. ----------------

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jjiclnoekb

just follow the installation and settings instuctions.

Cheers Auldyin

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Jetlimaster

Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:55:42 pm

Many thx this is working im fine whit transmission.
like more qbittorent :=) but hej least this working...hehe