This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Single click

Snowy Rivers

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:52:34 pm

How do I set the mouse to single click to do everything.

I don't like double click to open icons on desk top

Thanks
Snowy

Snowy Rivers

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52:02 pm

Thanks
This will make things more to my style

Snowy

Wolfman

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:34:28 am

Hi,

you can also do this via Nautilus (Home folder) by selecting: Preferences > Behaviour:
Files Preferences_018.jpg

Have marked as solved!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Snowy Rivers

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53:23 pm

Thanks so much.

I started with computers back in the 80's on Dos 6 and win 3.1
Been through win95/98/Me/2000/XPpro/Vista and now 7 and fiddled with a couple distros of Linux back in the mid-late 90's

I have, like so many others, become disgusted with Bills stuff, and decided to go looking again.

My familiarity with Win over the years kept me using it, but always irritated.

I read a good in depth article on Zorin and decided to give it a go. I ordered a disc copy of 6 and then decided to get 7 ultimate.

I built a fresh box and installed it as a sole OS.

Have had minimal issues, just a couple driver related things that took me a few days off and on searching for compatible drivers.

Sound was one such issue. I fixed that with a penguin USB external sound Gizmo (looks like a fat travel drive)

The other issue was wireless network card, that would not communicate with my ATT MIFI
I had all the settings right, but it kept telling me my password was wrong ??????????????? same password I have used for two years.

I live in the sticks, so a password is not really necessary at that.

Any, installed another card, boom plop done :D

My needs for the computer are pretty simple.
Surfing the web.
Doing email and I frequent several diesel pickup chat/mssg boards
Ebay
Some word processing
Photo management
Local news/weather

I don't do gaming at all.

My machine is my window on the world when I am needing info or looking to buy things.

Craigs list

My biggy is, when I stumble in my office here at home at 5am with a cup of coffee, the computer had better work.

I don't want to deal withany issues, just want smooth operation.

Once a machine is up and going, I don't mess with them til they quit :shock:

My old machine was a 2004 vintage home built running a first edition XP pro that was just tired and getting glitchy.

So far I'm loving the Zorin box, A LOT :D

Got it hooked up to an LG 42" lcd screen across the room.

OMG what a pleasurable experience as compared to a standard monitor.
Sit back in my easy chair, with my wireless KB/mouse yesssssssssssssss

Hey
Thanks for the help.

I am definately pushing the big Z

Snowy

Wolfman

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33:43 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:Hi Wolfman, I tried to get to that seeing madvinegar's response to a different item but thought that was only possible on the Unity DE? Can you do a step-by step tutorial (or is it in the new post install guide?). Cheers mi dears! :D

Hi Swarf,

added to post install guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054&p=8048#p8048

beun

Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:30:32 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

you can also do this via Nautilus (Home folder) by selecting: Preferences > Behaviour:
Files Preferences_018.jpg

Have marked as solved!.

This isn't working on Zorin 11

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33:05 pm

I'm in the process of downloading 11 now so you will have to wait unless someone else knows where it is - be advised 11 is only supported until July of this year! ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:44:44 pm

beun wrote:
Wolfman wrote:Hi,

The attachment Files Preferences_018.jpg is no longer available

Have marked as solved!.

This isn't working on Zorin 11

OK, not without dconf-tools but once you install dconf-tools i.e.. dconf-Editor you can get single click (which you couldn't do in earlier releases of dconf-editor (to install open Terminal [Ctrl+ Alt+ T] and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools
this will place 'dconf Editor' in 'System Tools' menu then launch it and go to where I have stated below screenshot to change:

Screenshot from 2016-02-09 23-31-45.jpg

The path is: org > gnome > nautilus > preferences - then in right-pane, click-policy is double by default - change to single.

I do wish Zorin team would include dconf Editor in the next LTS - lot of other distributions have done so! :D