This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ice

misswham

Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:18:13 am

Hi there. Im new to ZORIN and I just downloaded 7 and I cant seem to find ICE. The program where you can make shortcuts. Where can I find it?

Wolfman

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54:09 am

Hi,

I have never heard of it but you can make shortcuts by doing the following:

To put all icons on the desktop in more or less one hit:

Open > nautilus > computer (or file) > usr > share > applications (open the folder) > right click the icon you want > copy to > (new window opens) > desktop > select. Repeat op for all the icons you want or mark them all first and do it that way by holding the Ctrl key down whilst marking the icons you want!.

Or are you talking about "keyboard Shortcuts" ?.

Open System settings > Hardware > Keyboard > Shortcuts:
Keyboard_020.jpg

Regards Wolfman :D

misswham

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30:47 pm

Hi there again. Let me apologize for my mistake. I was looking at different distros on youtube and saw the ICE app and I thought it was in ZORIN but it was in Peppermint 3. Its an app where you can take any webpage and turn it into a shortcut. You just put in the url, where u want the icon to appear on the desktop ie. menu or desktop and u choose the icon of your choice or use the websites icon. I assumed it was on the Zorin ULTIMATE video but I was Peppermint. Is there any app in Zorin that will do that?