This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] I don't Know (ubuntu)

pp4mnklinux

Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06:40 am

Hello everybody:

First of all: Excuseme if it's not the appropriate sub-forum to ask this but I didn't know where to appropriately post it, please move it if u consider necesary.

My question is about 'Ubuntu number of users':
.- I tried Three Ubuntu versions and after having used them I can't understand how so many people use this linux mod.

It's really 'unconfortable' for me and I can't understand its Succesfull position.

Can U help me? Can U tell me why it has got the biggest number of users and devs?

Thanky

madvinegar

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:01:41 am

I think it is the support. Ubuntu has by far the biggest and best communities to provide support for problems, bugs, new-comers etc.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:03:29 am

Hi,

it stems back to the good old days when Ubuntu was not a commercial enterprise and had a good following, now there are so many derivatives of Ubuntu (don't forget that Ubuntu is based on Debian) but it still holds appeal for the masses because it has a solid base with which to work from!.

Having a central point of contact for people seeking help is a cool idea as even Zorin members need to read things from the Ubuntu main forum now and again.

The only real reason anyone needs to come to this forum is about the theming, all other Ubuntu questions could be answered by searching AskUbuntu or the Ubuntu main forum!.

Ubuntu did lose its crown in the best distro rankings though when it came out with Unity!.

Regards Wolfman :D