This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

lost buttons

david7307

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:10:49 pm

i have just lost my expand and hide buttons on my web pages the ones that are up in the corner ,
I am starting to find that zorin is not as stable as it could be there seems to be more problems with every update not big things just little things,is this a ubuntu problem or Zorn ,or is it just me,
pity help me for say the next bit ,but i have been using win7 for a few days and it seems rock solid ,
so back to question how do i or can i get my buttons back
many thanks

Wolfman

Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:00:38 am

Hi David,

use Dconf Editor:

Show/Hide buttons:
Dconf Editor > Org > Gnome > Gnome Panel > Layout > Toplevels > Top Panel

Take a look at the post install guide as there are several new tipps there:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

pp4mnklinux

Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:48:06 pm

Hi:

I can perfectly understand U. I'm a Linux-newbie comming from Windows where I know how to solve almost every situation but now (with Linux) there are a lot of 'impossible' situatons which exceed my knowledge, but...
... with questions-answers I can, little by little, advance in the use of the most valuable S.O. Made by users for users !!

Try to solve the difficulties u can find when using it, because at last u are going to achieve all the benefficts Linux can give to U.
-------------------------
NB- Imagine the opposite situation; U know all about Linux and try to give an opportunity to Windows (error! ;). If u configure the menu to be hidden in screen , after two days without using Win u gonna think u are in front of the biggest problem ever discovered. Try to solve Linux problems and use The Best, Bigger and most capable PC's community.

Welcome to Linux World, CU

------------
P.D. Every 9 months I had to format Win and two times with the so called 'Virus de la Policia' I formated the computer, but I lost partitions, information, HD... Linux help me to recover these infos and it made me start to use linux as my main SO

Windows produces errors, a lot of errors, enormous errors bigger and bigger and... The best Windows is "the windows in the box" (although itls needed for a lot of specific situations -for instance I can't find a so complete web editor as Dreamweaver in Linux soft)

Wolfman

Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48:12 am

Hi David,

is this problem solved now?.

Regards Wolfman :D